We are pleased to announce the second webinar on "The Traditional Longhair".
Many thanks to Marlene Stahl & her husband John Robinson for hosting them for us :-)
"Genetics of the Chinchilla Persian -- and a tribute to color breeders"
Sun, Nov 30, 2014 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM PST
This webinar continues the discussion and identifies the next steps which were discussed on our original webinar in August 2014. More details and a complete agenda will be updated on this site soon.
Here is the link to sign up:
Marlene did a Sterling job to organize this webinar. To have Dr Leslie Loyns delivering a speech on particularly the Chinchilla genetics is a huge blessing to us!
· On 30 November those counties that celebrate of Thanksgiving would have the celebration fresh in their minds. .
· Therefore, although our key topic today is about genetics, we found it apt to take 20 minutes to Give Thanks to three people that are with us no more:
· Jeanne Ramsdale,
· Jeannie Johnson and
· Stella Slabber.
· If it was not for them, we as breeders would have not been here.
· These three ladies were the major role players that initiated the long road of saving the Original Longhair cats from being barred at cat show benches.
· Thanks to them, we can now go forward to save the breed on a global scale.
Here is the Agenda outline for the 30 Nov 2014 webinar:
· Webinar Facilitator: John Robinson
· USA History (10 min) - presented by Marlene Stahl
· SA History (10 min) - presented by Alida Delport
· Genetis (20 min) - presented by Dr Leslie Lyons
· Q&A (10 min) - Panel discussion facilitated by John Robinson
We will have a third webinar early 2015 to discuss the road ahead and establish action plans.
021 919 9385 / 083 628 2479